Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

[Review] Drybar Lemon Drop Daily Detangler

No comments:
 
I was in the market for a new hair brush a few months ago, and I saw this on Sephora's site so I figured why not? It's only $15CAD, relatively cheap compared to the last hairbrush I bought so I bought it.

What it is:
A lightweight hair brush for wet and dry hair. 

What it does:
This portable Daily Detangler combs through tangles with ease and is great for brushing out extensions. Complete with a soft-touch handle and nicely cushioned bristles, it is comfortable to use and helps bring shine to life with each stroke.


My verdict is as follow:

Cons:
- Worked beautifully for a month or so, and then the bristles started sinking into the brush, making it pretty useless
- The bristles are quite weak; I ripped out a couple just by doing my usual brushing while blow drying with wet hair
- The handle is flat; this makes gripping it weird. It cuts into your palm if you hold it too hard which is a problem for me, as my hair is so thick and tangled that I really have to tug on it with a firm hand
- It gathers dust really easily and refuses to let go of it... I'll be ripping out the hair in the brush and the dust would not come off with the hair. I had to individually get rid of the dust on each bristle
- Pulls on my hair --> might be a cause of my really thick and tangled hair though...

Pros:
- Cheap
- Vibrant color
- Detangles well; I have really thick and long hair and my hair tangles easily. This brush gets rid of all the tangles
- Doesn't hurt your hair/scalp when you pull to detangle



As you can see, the bristles are uneven, even if you take into account the natural dome shape of the brush. I originally filmed a short video to demonstrate better what I mean but I couldn't turn it into a gif without Photoshop crashing on me so I gave up. 

Verdict: Terrible and useless after a few months of use. Bristles are sinking into the brush and they're quite weak. The fact that it catches all the dust is also quite nasty. This is not a brush for people with thick and long hair. 

Please comment below if you have suggestions for a new hair brush!

No comments:

Post a Comment