Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

[REVIEW] Skinfood Steam Milk Mask Cream

No comments:
 



I'm finally back! After coming back from my 6 weeks vacation, I didn't feel any motivation to update even though I have tons of things to review and test. But I finally got off my ass, and here we are.

This is Skinfood's Steam Milk Mask Cream. It comes in the same standard jar packaging as their usual wash-off masks, but with the addition of the most adorable milk carton packaging.

Skinfood's description:
A steamed milk-infused cream that immediately melts into skin, transforming dry skin into a soft, firm, smooth texture, like a facial mask does.
I forgot how much this costs in stores, but it retails for about $11USD on Amazon.



I got mines in Hong Kong, so the ingredient list is in both English and Korean. As a general note, my skin rarely reacts to products, so I usually don't care for the ingredient list, but I provided for those who may have allergies or sensitive skin.

The product itself is a thick white cream. Skinfood says to put the cream on after your night routine, so I went and did that. I was surprised by its thickness as it is a "mask cream", so I assumed that it would be as thick as my night moisturizer. It's much much thicker. It doesn't immediately set into your face, so you go to bed with a face full of white cream. The thickness of this mask cream made it difficult to get an even layer, so I just kinda spread it onto the spots where I felt like I needed more moisture (skipped my forehead because of my bangs). I would definitely recommend using a spatula to spread out this mask cream to achieve a more even layer.

Waking up in the morning, I was surprised to find that it had all sunken into my face and that none of the white cream was left (I slept from about ~2am-9am). I went to wash my face and my face felt very moisturized. There wasn't a lot of excess cream left on my face that I could feel from washing my face.

The smell of this mask cream reminds me of... cream. Generic hand/face cream scent from Aveeno or the other basic/drugstore products that claim they're "unscented". I'm not sure what milk is supposed to smell like, as there as so many different milk brands out there and I'm not actually a fan of milk.

I recommend this products to those of you who are looking for an instant moisturizer (ideal for nights before big events or are suffering from the harsh effects of the winter weather, for example) or cannot be bothered with a moisturizer that's specifically for night time.

None of the links provided are referral. I bought this product with my own money in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment