Pages

Friday, April 24, 2015

What's In My Bag/Suitcase? Part 1

No comments:
 
Hey everyone,

So this is a completely different type of post from everything that I've posted before, because this one is more blog-like, and less beauty review! I'm actually leaving on a 4 month "vacation" next week, and I won't be able to post for the first month and a half because I will not have readily available internet access where I am. I say "vacation" because destination one, Hong Kong, is my second home but it's not really my home. Destination two, is my hometown but I don't live there anymore, so it's sort of a "vacation". Honestly, I don't really have a destination that is "home" anymore (but a destination that I call "school"), but that's a whole different story.

I've been scrounging YouTube for "What's in my Bag"/"What's in my Travel Bag" videos to see what kind of bags people buy/bring on vacations and what they bring inside. However, most of these people go on weekend or short trips, and as a result, they're not very useful for those of us who go on long haul trips.

So onto my bags!



This is the Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack, in the colour Ink. I debated between the Ink and the Black, before deciding on the Ink, because everyone else has it in Black and I'd rather be unique about my bag choices. The bag shown has the fringes on it, but the one I have doesn't have that. I also believe this is sold out everywhere now.



I'm also bringing this Rebecca Minkoff Amorous Satchel in Winter Mint. 

In the past, I'd bring a Jansport backpack and then pack a smaller shoulder/sling bag into my suitcase. This year, I've decided to upgrade my backpack and then bring a satchel for work/more formal purposes. The Julian will be my main bag, as I will be bringing my DSLR around when I am not working, and I don't want it to hang around my neck or on my wrist in the humid weather. The satchel is more work appropriate and is relatively big, meaning it will fit all the crap I will inevitably chuck in there.

Makeup I will be bringing




I'm only bringing two palettes with me, as palettes can be quite chunky and take up more room than necessary. The Lorac Mega Pro palette will have my everyday boring, work-appropriate neutrals, while the Too Faced Sugar Pop Eye Palette will have some fun colours for the weekend.



The Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette has a good mixture of three lighter blushes, while the NARS Almeria blush is heavier/more pink, which will make for days where I have lighter makeup. The Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Trio is my choice for contour product, as the stick format makes it extremely portable. 


Amazing Cosmestics' Amazing Concealer in the travel size means it is extremely portable, and as someone who only uses concealer on occasion, this size is perfect for me.


Smashbox's Photo Angle Pure Pigment Gel Liner is my go-to eyeliner choice. It doesn't budge and is extremely pigmented. I'll probably be bringing both the black and blue with me. 



Chanel's Perfection Lumiere Velvet is the foundation I'll be using this summer. It's matte, making it perfect for humid weathers where I'll be sweating anyways... natural dewy effect. I'll probably use this for days I'm at work, and switching to a bb cushion (that I'll be buying in HK) on weekends or extremely hot days.


I'm a bit of a mascara junkie for some reason, but I'll be bringing these two for sure with me, and probably chucking the rest of my mascaras into my makeup bag anyways... I mean they'll expire soon anyways so why not

Anastasia Beverley Hill's Dipbrow Pomade in Blonde. I currently have grey/silver hair that is slowly losing colour to being something I don't even know, but it's light enough that the Blonde is perfect for me. 

I have too many lipsticks to count, but I'll definitely chuck in a red, pink, a dark burgundy, orange, and a light purple. Maybe more than one of each... lipsticks are my addiction I need to stop clearly

Lastly, for brushes, I will be bringing my Sigma Bunny set, along with some single eyeshadow brushes, a flat top kabuki, a beauty blender, a powder/setting brush (some cheap brand from Winners), and two Real Technique blush brushes.. 

So I think this is it for the makeup... At the time of writing, I haven't actually packed any of this stuff yet, so this is what I'm definitely bringing/intend to pack. 

And I'm going to stop here for today, because this is getting overwhelming, and I haven't even talked about the other stuff I'm putting in my travel bag. Part two will come out tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment