Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

New hair!

No comments:
 
I finally had some time to go down to a salon and get rid of my black roots while getting a new colour on my hair! I'm always excited to play with my hair and regularly change my up hair colour every time I dye it. 

This was my inspiration:

Just keep in mind, even with a picture reference, it may be difficult to achieve the exact same hair colour as everyone has a different base colour for their hair. Hair dyes also don't go on the same for everyone either!

The salon I went to posted a B&A onto their instagram:


My hair colour before this was silver/granny grey, but it washed out as usual. Cool tones are really difficult to maintain and they usually fade into a sort of blonde colour. The picture reference I brought in had purple silver tones, but I walked out of the salon with blue grey tones with a hint of purple here and there, which is totally cool with me, as my main goal was to just get rid of my roots and to have a new hair colour. 

For those of y'all wanting to take the plunge into fun summer colours, just keep in mind that most of the hair colours that are popular nowadays require several rounds of bleaching (if you have dark hair colours) and I'd advise you to go early in the morning and clear out your schedule for several hours. Bleaching can take a while if you're starting with a dark or red base. To get from my previous pink hair to the granny grey, I sat in the salon chair for over 8 hours, just to get the red base out.


So this is what I look like now! Excuse the snapchat quality. Huge thanks to Axis hair salon and Elissa for doing such an amazing job. If you're in the Vancouver area and are looking to dye your hair, I highly recommend Elissa from Axis Hair Salon. She knows what she's doing. Prices are reasonable as well. 

Some general hair tips for those of you who have taken the plunge and want to make your colour last longer:
  1. Don't wash your hair too often. The less you wash your hair, the longer your hair colour will stay. 
  2. Wash with cold water! Warm/hot water can strip away your colours faster
  3. Use a sulfate-free shampoo. Sulfate is damaging to your hair colour and will strip your colour even faster.
  4. If you want to keep the cool tones, use a purple shampoo.
  5. Remember to use hair masks and treatment products! Bleached hair can feel and look damaged, so you'd obviously want to keep the damage on the low. 
And that's it for now! I'm currently recovering from a wisdom teeth extraction, so there won't be any review posts for a while.

Axis hair salon did not sponsor me; I just wanted to touch upon who did my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment