Pages

Friday, July 24, 2015

Sephora VIB Rouge Event 2015! Canadian ver.

No comments:
 
Just a heads up, Sephora is running their annual Beauty Insiders appreciation event again. This year there will be a closed door shopping event. You can RSVP here (for Canadians) by Aug 3rd.

Canada's RSVP page
Essentially, if you're a VIB Rouge, you get to go shopping with other rouges (and their +1s) behind closed doors, meaning no peasants. You'll get 4x the points on everything purchased, brand ambassadors will be there to promote their lines and teach you how to use their products, and you get a gift bag at the end of it (your +1 will also get a gift bag if they are at least a BI and purchase something).

The last VIB Rouge event I attended last year was also a closed door shopping event (I was at the Toronto Bloor location). I showed up a bit late (I left work early to attend but couldn't leave too early just to go shopping), gave my name to the Sephora workers standing at the door, and they let me in. There were free drinks (water, juice, and coffee I believe), and free desserts. They also had a Benefit promotion going on; the brand ambassador was handing out free brow wax cards to interested shoppers. Generally, I'm not a huge fan of the Bloor location; it lacks a wide variety of selection, and it's further away from where I live. As someone who can pick between the Bloor and Eaton Centre locations, Eaton Centre's Sephora is much better and bigger. I chose to go to the Bloor location because it's closer to my workplace and I had to attend a meeting afterwards at school, meaning it was just more convenient for me to go to that location over the Eaton Centre one.

If you do choose to go, pick a location that is either a) convenient for you to go to, or b) has a wide selection. My friend and I debated between going to our local mall (a mere 5-10 minute drive), or to one of the Sephoras downtown. Our local mall has a smaller selection, and our high school classmate works there, but the Sephora downtown is nicer and has more higher end goods. In the end, we chose to go downtown.

These events are often quite measly and offer little incentive to go. Nothing is discounted, and unless you have a list of things to buy, there really isn't any point to going when you can do all your shopping online and still get 4x the points. But as my friend and I are both currently unemployed and on summer vacation, we figured we might as well go because why not.

If you are in the Vancouver area and going, I'll be at the Robson location! Let me know in the comments below if you are going to attend this event :)

P.S. You could also sign up for the American version of this event, but it'll be on Aug 2nd, from 9-11am.

No comments:

Post a Comment