Pages

Friday, November 6, 2015

My Sephora 20% Shopping List

No comments:
 
Hello! Like I promised, I am here to give you my shopping list for the 20% off event. I am actually headed to Sephora today after lunch, so I will do a haul post after I buy everything from instores and online :D


Sephora always gets me with their 20% off. I've reached a point in my makeup/beauty life now, where I can control my impulsive needs to buy ALL the lipsticks and eyeshadow palettes, but 20% off is such a good deal, I always waver between buying the new Christmas limited edition palettes and lipstick sets and just sticking with restocking on my basics/HGs.

So without further ado, here is the list of things I will definitely be buying:

Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Encre de Peau
This is my HG foundation, the Yves Saint Laurent Le Teint Encre de Peau. It's super light weight, but provides medium to full coverage, and is build-able. The thinness of this foundation may not work for those of you who have acne or other similar skin troubles, but if you skin is relatively "smooth", I would definitely recommend this. It covers all my hyper-pigmentation and makes my skin super smooth. I often forget I'm even wearing foundation.

Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Night Infusion Cream
I recently finished up my jar of Philosophy Hope in A Jar Night. I've used this one consistently for about 2 years now, and it does a superb job of moisturizing my skin during Toronto's shitty winters but I find that it doesn't do much other than moisturize my skin. Seeing as there's all these newer products out on the market now, I've decided to try Caudalie's Resveratrol Lift Night Infusion Cream. It claims to visibly redefine facial contours, which I highly doubt.... but why not give it a shot. Sephora's excellent return policy means that I can just try this product and if it doesn't work as well as I'd like it to, I can just return it and get my Philosophy night cream as usual.

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum
I'm in the market for a good serum, and I stumbled upon Drunk Elephant's T.L.C. Framboos Glyolic Night Serum. I'm hoping my skin will react positively to this, as this will be my first time trying out AHA. It's got good reviews, and a lot of people say that it's completely healed their skin troubles, while it didn't do much for others. The $112 price tag is quite steep but with 20% off, I figured I might as well try it, and if it doesn't do anything for my skin, or if it breaks me out, I can just return it.

Anastasia Brow Wiz
Stocking up on another HG product. I'm currently using Anastasia's Brow Wiz in the colour taupe, but they've changed the colours/names yet again and replaced the lightest one with taupe. I try to get the same colour as the dipbrow pomade, and seeing as those all the other colours but taupe don't match my hair colour, I'll probably repurchase taupe.

MUFE Step 1 Base Equalizer
I actually have the Hydrating Primer in the travel sized version, but I will repurchase in the nourishing primer full sized one because I find that it works and is super good. I wish MUFE would come out with more travel sized versions because $43 is kinda steep :(

Now let's move on to a list of items I want to buy, but probably will not buy because I think I can control myself... but all the limited edition stuff released for Christmas is super cute and has great value this year so ugh what is my life:

SEPHORA COLLECTION hakuho-do + SEPHORA PRO Kanpeki Perfection Brush Set

A motherfucking set for the Hakuho-do + Sephora Pro brushes. A SET OF THEM. When they were originally released, they were released individually and were priced like $60 each SO THIS SET IS SUCH A GOOD DEAL BUT UGH I don't really need those brushes in my life anyways, so this is something I'm gonna pass on. But the brushes are such good quality. I have the angled concealer brush, which doubles as a highlighter brush (and that's what I use it for), and the bristles are so smooth and soft on my face. Why am I poor.

Clarisonic Mia 2 Keith Haring "Dance" Skin Cleansing System
Clarisonics' are HGs for some, and a complete waste of money for others. I kinda want to try it out, but as my skin isn't breaking out into hives or whatever just yet... (knock on wood), I don't really need to spend this kind of cash, even though the Keith Haring special edition is one I would totally buy just because I resonate with its message.

Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Dry Shampoo
I actually own the Elizabeth and James Nirvana White perfume so when this came out in a dry shampoo formulation, I wanted it so bad. I love the scent of the perfume and it's the exact same scent in the dry shampoo but because it's ridiculously overpriced at $34, I'm probably not buying this. My Batise dry shampoo for $7 works pretty good so there's no need to buy one that's more expensive.

Marc Jacob Beauty Style Eye-Con No. 20 - Plush Eyeshadow
Marc Jacob has released this super gorgeous eyeshadow palette for the Christmas season and I want it soooooo bad. It's got a good mix of neutrals and just a pop of smokey colour and I love the addition of all the purples. But I've got already got enough eyeshadow, and another one isn't going to help me.

I  think this is the finalized list of things I'm going to buy and things that I want, but I know I'm going to be enthralled by all the tiny travel sized shit near the checkout counter so watch me come home with more lipsticks than I need...

Anyways, happy shopping everybody! What are you buying this year? Let me know in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment